It’s here!

My Fiddlerman Artist Violin finally arrived this morning and I am so happy with it! Spoiler alert: this is going to be a good review!




So there’s my new baby! Now, I’m a complete newbie, so I don’t know much about such things, but I definitely have some opinions and insights about my new instrument. It arrived very securely and nicely packaged. As you can see in the top photo, my violin was sent in a nice reusable drawstring bag. The bridge was secured well and my overall impression is that my violin was packed with great care.

As far as looks go, this thing is BEAUTIFUL. It’s a truly lovely shade of brown varnish, EXACTLY the color I was looking for. The wood grain shows nicely and the fittings are all ebony. Just from looking at it, I am impressed with its obvious quality.

Not only does it look beautiful, it sounds beautiful as well (not that I am yet playing to any level of proficiency). Up until now, I have been renting from a well respected local shop. My rental student violin is definitely a quality instrument. That having been said, when I put my bow to the strings on my new Fiddlerman violin, the difference was immediately obvious. The Artist is far superior to my ears. I should note that my violin was not fitted with the strings that are listed on the website, but rather another set which was selected specifically for it by the shop. That sort of individual attention to quality and detail is admirable and definitely wins Fiddlershop brownie points in my book!

Overall, this has been a great buying experience. I highly recommend Fiddlershop for their workmanship, customer service and integrity. You can buy real quality for reasonable prices. It’s definitely worth it.

Comments

  1. I also bought the artist violin and arrived 15 days ago. It is a good instrument, my first violin was a mendini mv300 and I share your point of view about the sound. At the first playing you can feel that the difference and quality is superior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely! It really feels much easier to play than my rental. The Artist violin fits me like a glove and I couldn’t be happier with it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts