New Kun Shoulder Rest

I originally started out with a Fom shoulder rest (which I highly recommend, by the way), but when my husband decided that he also wanted to learn violin, I decided that I should buy a new one to go along with my recently acquired new violin. That way, I could let him use the old one on the rental instrument. Also, I simply wanted to try another option. Enter the Kun Solo shoulder rest:





Having heard so many good things about the original Kun shoulder rest, I decided to watch some reviews on YouTube. So many people swear by the brand that it seemed like a no-brainer to purchase one for myself. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed! The grip of the feet seems tighter on the back of my violin, which I like. Also, the width is easy to adjust. And although it doesn’t pivot inward the way the Fom one does, the lack of this feature on the Kun doesn’t bother me at all. In fact, the Kun feels more secure to me overall because I can adjust the height of the feet with ease, which is apparently all I need. The foam provides decent grip, just like on the Fom, so I can’t tell any real difference there.

In short, I’m really enjoying my new shoulder rest.

Comments

Popular Posts