Lessons, Methods and Exams - Oh, My!

Sorry for such a late update, but things got temporarily put on hold for the month of February, so I’ve not had very much to write about recently. My lessons resume in March and I hope to increase them from every other week to weekly. I feel that it is important to get lessons as frequently as possible this early on. In the meantime, I’m taking my violin learning very slowly. I definitely have the training wheels on, folks!

While I’m left fending for myself, I’ve decided to use the Sound Innovations book that I already have. So far I’m up to learning Mary Had a Little Lamb. After I polish that up a bit I will continue on through the exercises, probably about a page per day or so. Hopefully, I will make some real progress before my lessons start up again next month, without gaining any bad habits. I’m definitely curious what my teacher will have to say when I see her again.

That brings me to my next subject. I’m happy with my current teacher, but I’m also open to moving on, if it’s in my best interest. A local school here tests through the RCM, which I’m definitely interested in. If it’s within my budget to do so, I might start taking lessons with one of their teachers instead. The Royal Conservatory of Music curriculum is well respected, if not as widely available as other systems. I definitely want to give it a shot, if I can.

Comments

Popular Posts