Method Books

I first technically started learning in October of this year, when I took my very first lesson with an online teacher. Word of advice - don’t do this! It’s stupid! Yes, you might save some money, but an online Skype lesson cannot give your teacher a 360 view of what you’re doing. For someone who is just starting out, that’s EVERYTHING. It was such a rushed and awkward experience for me that I knew I would have to seek out in person lessons. I still have one thing left over from that first lesson, and that’s a copy of Sound Innovations For String Orchestra, Book 1. It’s very straightforward, easy to understand and comes with a DVD, as well as an MP3 CD. Overall, I feel it was a good purchase.

Fast forward to yesterday evening, and my current teacher suggests either Essential Elements or Suzuki. I just happen to already own the first Suzuki book, so that’s what I told her. Since I own two of the three books, it’s easy for me to compare the ones I already have, but that leaves me curious about the book that I don’t have... so it’s entirely possible that I will pick that one up as well. I need to see them all for myself, and since they’re all relatively affordable, I should be able to do that with no trouble. In the meantime, Google is my friend.

Comments

Popular Posts